Microblading, also known as Eyebrow Embroidery is a procedure categorized under permanent makeup, but unlike traditional cosmetic tattooing, it is less invasive and is considered semi-permanent. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type and skincare routine. The procedure is done by using a hand tool with ultra fine needles and each 'hair' is gently etched into the skin, giving an incredibly natural and realistic look. Microblading can dramatically correct or fully reconstruct lost eyebrow and is excellent for those wanting to enhance their brows or who have little to no eyebrows, thinning brows from age or over tweezed brows. Pigments used are chosen to match the natural or desired brow color and skin tone will also be taken into consideration.
For the first Microblading session, the entire procedure should take about 2.5-3 hours. During this session, the brow technician will shape and style the client’s brows for client approval. We then follow with pigment color selection. Once the client is satisfied with the choices, we begin the procedure.
The client is to come in for a follow up visit in order to have any minor necessary touch ups. The second Microblading session takes place after 6 weeks after the initial session. This session will take approximately 2.5-3 hours to complete.
The eyebrow area will be slightly red after the procedure and color will appear very dark. This is normal for the procedure and part of the healing process. The color will fade by up to 30% as it heals. In the following days, the eyebrows will continue to be dark and you will notice slight scabbing. Do not pick at the scabs as this may damage the skin and the outcome of the microbladed area. The eyebrows will lighten up in color as it heals. No down time is required after microblading procedure. It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal over, and about 1 month for the color to fully set in. You'll notice the color is very light right after the two weeks after healing; the skin will have an opaque milky looking quality to it. This is known as the milk skin and is common in tattooing. This is due to the the tissue still healing from the inside out even though the surface of the skin is healed. True color will reveal itself once healed.
Yes! A touch up session after 6 weeks is necessary as everyone heals differently and outcome will vary. Certain areas may not pick up during first session and will need to be refilled. Pigment color may need to be adjusted, brow thickness and more strokes can be added. Individuals with oily skin often require a deeper shade during the touch up session as the oils tend to lighten the pigment. Most importantly, your touch up session is when we refine your brows to ensure it looks perfect and retains the color for the whole year!
Touch up sessions should not be done earlier than 6 weeks after initial microblading session as pigment color has not fully settled into the skin. Most importantly, this is to prevent scar damage as the tissue requires time to completely heal.
The pain level for the procedure is considered mild to none. Prior to the procedure your brow technician will apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area, and also reapplied during the procedure. Everyone responds differently to anesthetic; depending on the client, the feeling of the procedure has been described as light cat scratches to not feeling anything. Topical anesthetics used may contain lidocaine and epinephrine.
After the procedure, redness and slight swelling in the area is normal. Clients describe the area feeling similar to a light sunburn. Clients can take Tylenol but not aspirin or ibuprofen.
Since microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade overtime. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type , age (youthful/mature). Skincare routine will also affect the lasting effect of the pigment: patients who tan, uses products with AHA or Glycolic Acid with fade faster as your skin will resurface faster. Each individual's color retention within the skin will vary. To maintain the brows looking fresh, a touch up is suggested every 12-18 months. Clients can let the microbladed area fade over time, but please note a slight shadow may remain.
Microblading is not suitable for the following candidates:
* FINE LINE BROW & BEAUTY LOFT reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we deem not suitable for this procedure or for any other reason.FINE LINE BROW & BEAUTY LOFT make the decision to microblade an individual based on their own discretion. *
Microblading is not suitable for the following candidates:
* FINE LINE BROW & BEAUTY LOFT reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we deem not suitable for this procedure or for any other reason. FINE LINE BROW & BEAUTY LOFT make the decision to microblade an individual based on their own discretion. *
We take all proper precautions for a safe session by using sterilized equipment, new needles and in a sanitized environment. Should clients follow our pre and post care instructions, there should be minimal risks or complications . Although allergic reactions to the pigments are rare, it could be possible for certain individuals. We suggest a pigment patch test for individuals who have high skin sensitivities or are sensitive to:
As with all cosmetic procedures, individuals should not make their choices lightly. We always recommend clients do their research, understand the procedure and compare different artists' work and portfolio when making their decisions. Our brow technicians will do their utmost to shape and style the eyebrows to the clients satisfaction prior to the procedure. Every effort will be made to achieve an even appearance, but please realize our faces are never perfectly symmetrical. Uneven appearance can be fixed during the touch up session. Pigment discoloration and color correction can also be fixed during the the touch up session. Microbladed brows will eventually fade away if no additional touch ups are done.
Clients are able to cancel or reschedule appointments at anytime with a minimum of one week notice prior to the appointment time, otherwise a fee will be charged. All appointments require a $50 deposit at the time of your booking, this will go towards your remaining balance. To cancel or reschedule, please email or call us. Confirmation of cancellation will be done by email or phone.
· Avoid contact with water or any other liquids for 7 days after treatment (even a small drop which seems unimportant will expand a wound and scab will appear)
· DAY 1: Within two hours after your appointment use the witch hazel wipe in your kit to thoroughly clean your brows off. Dispose wipe and apply a thin layer of the skin candy balm to both brows. Keep an eye on your eyebrows for the rest of the day and make sure to blot away any lymph from the brow. Reapply skin candy balm as needed throughout the rest of the day.
· DAY 2: Disinfect the affected area with small amount (one drop on sponge tip applicator for both
brows) of witch hazel 2-3 times a day. If skin is oily make sure eyebrows are clean and dry. Disinfect more times if you feel sweaty or excess of sebum.
· To avoid additional dryness if your skin is dry, for your daily disinfection use the skin candy balm 2 times a day and witch hazel 1 time per day, instead of witch hazel 2-3 times a day.
· In case of itching, bactine can be used, which contains lidocaine and benzalkouin chloride. It will also disinfect the area.
· In case of extra dryness, but no earlier as 4th day after treatment, after disinfection routine, use 1 drop of surface oil. Make sure your eyebrows are not greasy, but just moist.
· After 7 days you can use gentle neutral soap or non-greasy cleanser to keep eyebrows clean.
· Do not use any other ointments, creams with vitamins or antibiotics on eyebrows.
· No workouts for at least 5 days after treatment
· No sauna, swimming, lakes or other risky areas for at least 2 weeks after treatment.
· No sunbathing, solarium or tanning for 4 weeks.
· No cosmetic on affected area for 2 weeks.
· Do not scratch, touch and sleep on your eyebrows
· If eyebrows will be kept clean and dry only a thin film (not scab) will appear after 4-7 days. It will peel off itself (do not touch or scratch it). After the film peels off, dryness and flakiness can appear. In this case a small amount of grape seed oil can be used after disinfection. Pay attention on cleansing eyebrows during all healing period (28-45 days).
· In case of water, sebum or sweat contact, the wound will expand and depending on wetness type a soft or hard scab will appear. Do not scratch the scab as this will cause a white spot to appear and will remove pigment.
· The touch up is recommended after 6-8 week