Faux freckles are the semi-permanent way to have a constant sun-kissed doll
Placement is a personal preference, but usually tend to be placed around the
same areas on the face. Placing freckles mostly on the nose and cheeks,
where the sun tends to hit the face the most will accomplish the most natural
look. The goal is to place the freckles asymmetrically, too much symmetry can
make faux freckles look too fake. That being said we can really place them
wherever the client’s desire.
Our artists will select a combination of a couple of different colors. Cool or warm tones are used depending on client's skin tone, as well as different depths depending on how fair or dark the skin tone is.
· During the healing process you’ll notice that the pigment will oxidize, which will make the freckles look darker.
· Once your freckles are healed you will notice your color is about 20% lighter than when the freckles are fresh.
· You may notice that right away your freckles may look slightly raised and red. This is common in most semi-permanent makeup procedures. Redness and raised skin will subdue within the first 24-48 hours depending on the clients skin sensitivity.
· Slight scabbing is possible, like with any other tattoo. Little freckle flakes can shed off within 5 to 7 days. The healing time is relatively quick compared to a normal tattoo.
· Clients who have oilier skin will find that their tattoos heal a little quicker. Freckles can heal anywhere between 3-7 days.
· If you have sensitive skin you may have irritation from the pinpricks. However, the irritation is minimal and doesn’t always happen.
· You can NOT wear face makeup until your new freckles are fully healed. Which can be anywhere from 3-7 days.
How long will my freckles last?
Because they’re created using the same pigment and technique that’s used for
eyebrow microblading, they usually only last for 1 to 3 years. Nose freckles fade
the slowest due to the lack of fat in the area. Freckles are usually healed within the 3-7 day mark. However everyone’s skin is different, make there is no seeping or scabbing before assuming they are healed. Healed freckles should feel seamless with the rest of your skin.
Make sure that you're using a very mild unscented soap and moisturizer. Avoid soaps or cleansers with fragrance, artificial or natural, will irritate the skin. We suggest using Cetaphil or CerVe for cleanser and moisturizer.